draft environment strategy out for comment till 7 nov
Yarra Ranges Council’s draft Environment Strategy, out now for public comment.
The Draft Environment Strategy looks at the choices and influence we have as Council and as a community in relation to our natural environment. The structure of the strategy is supported by six goals:
- Our iconic places and their natural character are actively protected
- Our water resources are improved and preserved
- Our native plants and animals are protected and their habitat is enhanced
- Our local economies are strengthened by environmentally sustainable activities
- Our communities are resilient in the face of a changing climate and extreme events
- All who live and work in the Yarra Ranges see themselves as stewards of our environment.
We are very keen to hear from as many people as possible so let us know what you think and encourage those in your networks to have their say. It can be as simple as doing the quick poll online.
For those with more time we have a discussion thread online, people can chat to us directly at one of the public consultation events we are hosting or people can provide a submission.
The draft document and all the details are available now from our website at here.