Monday, July 08, 2013

monbulk pool getting very close now

It was terrific to join with Monbulk Aquatic Centre Manager, Helen Hostettler, for a very quick dip in the Monbulk pool, it was very chilly!

Believe it or not, yes, the pool is filled with a garden hose,
at this stage there was around 6 inches of water in the deep end.

I also took the time to have a quick look around and experience the change rooms first hand too (for those users of the old Monbulk Pool, you'll understand why change rooms are a key part of the redevelopment). It's an impressive looking facility and I look forward to it being open to the public, but alas I can't provide a date as yet. Maybe mid August.

A sneak peek, the view from the new pool looking back
towards the 25m pool which has been fully refurbished.
The pool is a great example of community consultation, cooperation and collaboration and I'm delighted to be part of a team led by women including Helen Hostettler - MAC Manager,   Jane Sinnamon - Manager Capital Works & Urban Planning and Julee Scott - Coordinator Major Building Projects. It's rare that women feature so prominently in building projects and I'm proud to be part of such a dynamic and energetic team.

I have no doubt the community will be very pleased with the redevelopment, not only are the pools looking great the gym looks sensational. I am very much looking forward to the official opening. I'll keep you posted as I know more.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker