Friday, January 29, 2010

reporting back from the break

report from the roundtable – 27 Jan
thankyou to council
First meeting back for 2010 and I was pleased to report back to councillors special thanks passed on to Yarra Ranges councillors from Uncle Henry Atkinson and Aunty Dot Peters.

At Belgrave Survival Day (held 26th Jan), Uncle Henry, expressed his thanks to the Shire of Yarra Ranges council for all their support of our indigenous community, Uncle Henry wanted me to pass on those thanks. Yarra Ranges council is committed to our indigenous community and reconciliation. We employ a full time Indigenous Development Officer who works hard to deliver the shire’s Reconciliation and Action Plan and ensure ongoing dialogue and consultation with our indigenous community.

a weedy enterprise
As part of my report from delegates I reported to councillors I had received a flyer from an enterprising young person offering to behead my flowering agapanthus at a reasonable rate. The shire’s weed information was included on the
flyer.

Agapanthus are one of the shire’s weed nasties and I congratulate this young person on their enterprise to make our environment a healthier one. I hope she gets a lot of takers, agapanthus are such a big problem in the shire and spread easily if flower heads are allowed to seed and proliferate.

I also reported back to councillors that my agapanthus have been beheaded, so no seed spread from me!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker