Sunday, September 20, 2009

yarra valley open studio hits the ground running

Yarra Valley Open Studios was a great success over this weekend. I found myself travelling from McMahons Creek, where I visited local artist Christine Goode right through to Julia Peddie, a painter, in Healesville. I also popped in on the Marysville artists showing their work at the Church St Gallery.

Julia Peddie, painter from Healesville with one of her works. Julia's works have great depth, built up layer upon layer. She now finds herself moving on from a focus on bushfire to regeneration which is the subject of this piece.


Artists were excited about the success of the Open Studio weekend, their visitor books overflowing with entries and positive feedback. I look forward to seeing this event become a regular entry on our annual events calendar. Well done to all involved.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker