Sunday, June 14, 2009

preselected for state elections

I learnt last week that I had successfully been preselected to run for the Greens as the lead upper house candidate for the Eastern Victoria region.


























I am humbled and honoured to be preselected as we head towards the state election in 2010. I am encouraged by the faith the members across Eastern Victoria have shown in my capacity to run a strong campaign and to ultimately represent them in the Victorian Parliament.

I would never have thought that my quest to save the council run childcare centre back in 2005 would lead me on a journey to nominate to run in the upcoming state elections. I have found holding public office to be a very rewarding experience. It’s a great privilege and I am very committed to my work on behalf of the community.

I will lead a strong and enthusiastic campaign, I’m proud to be representing the Greens as the lead candidate for Eastern Victoria. In the weeks to come I will be developing an alternate web presence for campaigning with my blog continuing to highlight my activities as Lyster Ward councillor for the Shire of Yarra Ranges.

If you’d like to help the campaign kick off come along to an election fundraiser at Earthly Pleasures in Belgrave on the 5th August to hear me and the Greens lead senate candidate, Dr Richard Di Natale speak, there will be fine food and entertainment too. Watch this space for more info soon.


Authorised by Jo Tenner - Convenor, AGV Eastern Victoria Upper House Election Campaign Committee
Australian Greens Victoria 377 Little Bourke Street Melbourne Vic 3000

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Wow, well done! I'm really pleased for you. Look forward to voting for you next year.

Liz (Gabe's mum from karate)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Samantha Dunn said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker