Thursday, April 16, 2009

more pc's for libraries

The Board of the Eastern Regional Libraries have been looking at benchmarks for PC’s in the library network. Many of the Yarra Ranges libraries fall short of the benchmarks in other states (Victoria does not have benchmarking data) and so I thought it important that I do something proactive to address the issue.


























This year I have taken on the role of Chairperson of the Eastern Regional Libraries Corporation. In my short time as Chairperson I have learnt a lot about the potential of libraries, PCs are an important part of the mix of services our libraries offer the community.

I’m pleased to advise that I have facilitated the addition of 6 new PCs for libraries throughout Yarra Ranges. Two for Belgrave, 2 for Lilydale, 1 in Yarra Junction and 1 in Mooroolbark.

This will allow much better access for our community, PCs are very popular and always in high demand so these additions will help ease the ongoing pressure on library PC use.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker