Monday, November 24, 2008

belgrave south township improvements....

I was invited to a meeting of interested parties to discuss issues around the Belgrave South and Heights Streetscape. The meeting included community members, school councillors, school principal and traders.

A number of issues have been identified by the group however most of the discussion was around safety of pedestrians in relation to the school crossing and bus stops, relocation of bus stops and crossings, a public open space within the Belgrave South township and pedestrian linkages from Belgrave South to the Recreation Reserve, Belgrave Heights, Birdsland and Belgrave Lake Park.

















Me at the Len Jeffrey Memorial Pre School in Belgrave South, it's an exciting time coming up for Belgrave South with discussions about township improvements and local sporting clubs developing a masterplan for the recreation reserve.

The group has a great deal of energy and enthusiasm for the project which has come about due to an allocation of funding in the capital works budget which I wholeheartedly supported.

Over my three year term I have been a member of many groups and committees covering a broad range of issues from public transport, environment, children’s services, townships, art & culture to name a few. I have always given my time freely and it’s been a pleasure to sit with community members on these groups. I relish the opportunity to learn more about our community and its needs and I never cease to be impressed by the level of energy, passion and dedication our community has for this special part of the Yarra Ranges.

I hope to be continuing my role as Lyster Ward Councillor and be given the opportunity to see many of the projects like the one in Belgrave South come to fruition.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker