Friday, October 24, 2008

get into art at burrinja

Last night I attended the Young Bloods comedy tour at Burrinja. It was a great night produced and presented by local comedian Michael Connell. With funding and support from the Shire of Yarra Ranges, Youth Foundations Victoria and the Yarra Valley Arts council it was a hilarious night of comedy.

















Michael Connell (Gladysdale's most famous export), me and Kieran Dennis, local performer from Orphic Mystery and all round supporter of the arts.

It featured comedians Tom Sigert, Danny McGinlay, Tom Ballard, Michael Connell, Damien Briese, Alison Bice and Orphic Mystery performed the music. The Young Bloods tour is on around the Shire this weekend, if you can get along I highly recommend it.

Burrinja is a great local arts facility and we are fortunate to have it. To celebrate Burrinja’s tenth birthday GET INTO ART is on this Sunday between 11am & 4pm. The day will include free activities and events for one and all. I certainly be going along and I encourage you to visit our local cultural centre.

I have always been a great supporter of arts in the hills and I look forward to seeing the Burrinja site redeveloped into a Performing Arts Centre for our region.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker